R. Kelly has an extremely adventurous life, as he left no place to invite controversy. He was married in 1996 to Andrea Lee who was a backup dancer. The couple had 3 children but Andrea filed the case against Kelly in 2005, which ended up with their divorce in 2006. Whereas in 2018, she also accused him of severe physical assault during the marriage. Moreover, Kelly was also accused of marrying the singer Aaliyah, when she was minor. Vibe and Chicago Sun-Times covers the story of her mother ‘Diane Haughton’ who accused him of marrying her daughter in 1994 when Kelly was 27 and Aaliyah was 15.
She also added that the marriage was annulled in 1995 from Chicago court on behest of Aaliyah’s family. However, both Aaliyah and Kelly denied any such thing.
R Kelly Girlfriend 2021:
- Do he have a girlfriend: Yes, her name is probably Azriel Clary.
- He was rumored to have a teen girlfriend in 2016 but now he is looking single, apparently.
Who is R Kelly Wife?
- He is not married in 2021.
- He was divorced in 2006.
Who is R Kelly Married to Now?
Surviving R. Kelly:
Surviving R.Kelly is a 6 part documentary aired by ‘Longlife’ in January 2019. It is based on abuse allegations against R. Kelly. That showed a massive response.
- Lady Gaga shows her full support for the victims and also took down her song with Kelly from stream and retail.
- She was followed by Celina Dion and Ciara who also took down their songs with Kelly from stream and retail.
- Furthermore, his songs are boycott from different stations and radio stations.
- He is also dropped by ‘RCA records’.
Currently Dating Girlfriend: Azriel Clary(Not Officially tied together)
- BBC News’ article mentioned the claims of ‘Asante McGee’ who reportedly met Kelly in 2014. According to the article, McGee accepted to live with Kelly and blamed him of training young girls to be his slaves. She also revealed of his controlling and abusive behaviors.
Furthermore, Kelly was arrested in June 2002 by Miami Police on arrest warrants issued from Chicago for charges of his involvement in child vulgarity. However, he returned innocent from all charges in 2008 when the Chicago court released him.
- BIO: He was born in Chicago and raised by his singer mother Joanne along his three siblings.
Career: Kelly started to learn music from ‘Kenwood Academy’ in Chicago’s Hyde Park in 1981 where his teacher ‘Lean Mclin’ advised him to leave basketball, to focus on music. As a teenager, he used to perform along ‘Chicago L’ tracks until he formed a music group MGM(Musically Gifted Men) which released its 1st single ‘Why you wanna play me’ in 1991 but soon after the group was disbanded. Then, Kelly signed with ‘Jive Records’ and gave his 1st album ‘Born in 90’s’ in 1992. He is undoubtedly the most successful R&B artists in the last 25 years.